Does FedEx deliver on Saturday? If yes, when can I get my package? Does Saturday delivery cost extra? All this and more in the article below!
We all love the sight of the FedEx truck rolling into the neighborhood – this means our package is finally here!
Of course, this also leads to people worrying that if FedEx doesn’t deliver their packages during the workweek – Monday to Friday – they will have to wait over the weekend. This leads to many people asking:
Does FedEx deliver on Saturday? Is FedEx Saturday delivery a thing? And what can I do to make sure to get FedEx weekend delivery?
Let’s find out!
Does FedEx deliver on Saturday?
Let’s get one thing out of the way – FedEx does indeed deliver on Saturday!
You can expect your FedEx parcels to reach you via FedEx Home Delivery on a Saturday, especially if it was shipped in the middle of the week (Wednesday or Thursday)
What are FedEx Saturday delivery hours?
In fact, FedEx Saturday delivery hours are quite similar to USPS weekend delivery hours and you can expect your parcel to arrive at any time during the entire day.
Usually, this means that FedEx drivers will roll out for delivery on Saturday at around 8.00 AM in the morning and try their best to get all packages delivered before 5.00 PM (local time). However, it is not unusual to see FedEx trucks making weekend deliveries as late as 8.00 or even 9.00 PM!
In fact, in extreme circumstances due to weather, or even during the holiday season, FedEx trucks often work well past 5.00 PM. FedEx drivers always try to make their deliveries as quickly as possible, but sometimes things can run late. And this is without factoring in the special weekend delivery services that FedEx offers, but more on that later.
For now, the important thing to remember is that FedEx does indeed deliver on Saturday!
Can you guarantee Saturday delivery with FedEx?
Everyone wants a delivery service they can trust – one that provides fast, convenient, and reliable shipping. Because FedEx provides all of this and more, it is one of the most commonly used services for weekend delivery.
In fact, via the FedEx Ground service, residential customers can receive their mail every single day of the week – including Saturdays! But how do you know which is the best FedEx service to use for Saturday delivery? And can you guarantee that Saturday delivery with FedEx?
That’s where we come in.
In this guide, we will be looking at all the weekend delivery services offered by FedEx to help you decide which one best suits your needs. In doing so we will also be answering some important questions you might have, such as:
Can you get FedEx 2Day Delivery on Saturday?
Does FedEx offer FedEx Overnight Delivery on Saturday? What are the cut-off times for FedEx Next Day Delivery? Can you get FedEx Standard Overnight Saturday delivery?
But before we get into that, let’s answer the more important question.
Why should I use FedEx for Saturday delivery?
As one of the largest and most popular courier services in the world, FedEx provides fast, reliable, and affordable weekend delivery services. FedEx Home Delivery covers a large majority of the United States with over 17000 towns and cities reached on Saturday without any extra fee. This makes it an ideal service especially if you’re a business – your customers no longer have to wait until Monday to receive their package!
Which FedEx service to use for Saturday delivery?
While FedEx generally does offer weekend delivery, there are many different services you can make use of depending on the schedule or costs. In this section, we will look at each FedEx service that offers weekend delivery.
FedEx Home Delivery
Q: Does FedEx Home Delivery offer Saturday delivery?
The short answer is yes.
As a residential customer in the US, you can receive your FedEx Home Delivery package every day of the week. Saturday and Sunday delivery is now standard for anyone opting for this service for residential shipments. It is often faster than other services including FedEx ground, at times delivering shipments a day or two sooner than expected. In fact, FedEx will even collect parcels and packages on Saturday if you qualify as an eligible shipper.
Delivery Time: 1-5 business days to most areas in the US. 3-7 business days to Alaska and Hawaii
Service Days: 7 days a week – Monday through Sunday, 9.00 AM to 8.00 PM with no additional costs
Delivery Areas: Home Delivery service is available in all 50 states
Package Size/Weight: Packages can be either up to 150 lbs in weight, or 108 inches in length, and 165 inches in length plus width/height (L+2W+2H)
Restrictions: FedEx Home Delivery cannot deliver to PO boxes. You cannot ship any hazardous materials except for ORM-D and Limited Quantity
FedEx also provides additional services that include:
- Date Certain Home Delivery – This service allows you to select the date for package delivery to residential addresses across the United States, Monday to Saturday, except for holidays. The date you select for delivery cannot be the standard delivery date and must’ve within 14 days from the pickup.
- Evening Home Delivery – With this service you can get your parcel delivered between 5.00 – 9.00 PM on the scheduled day.
- Appointment Home Delivery – this service is perfect for you if you want your package delivered at a specific time on a specific day.
You can find more information about FedEx Home Delivery on the official FedEx website.
FedEx Overnight Weekend Delivery
Q: Does FedEx Overnight Weekend Delivery offer Saturday delivery?
Yes, at an extra charge.
FedEx Overnight Delivery offers next-day package delivery Monday to Friday, with Saturday delivery available at an extra charge. While FedEx Overnight Weekend Delivery does not offer Saturday deliveries everywhere, most places in the US are still covered. This service is ideal for customers who want their packages delivered by the next business day.
Delivery Time: The delivery time for this service varies depending on which option you have chosen. We discuss the available delivery options below.
Service Days: Monday – Friday. Saturday pickup and delivery are available at an additional charge.
Delivery Areas: Delivery is available in all 50 US states.
Package Size/Weight: Packages can be either up to 150 lbs in weight, or 119 inches in length, and 165 inches in length plus width/height (L+2W+2H)
Restrictions: Some zip codes in Alaska and Hawaii may have different delivery times as compared to the rest of the United States.
Delivery time options for FedEx Overnight Weekend Delivery
- FedEx First Overnight: Deliveries will be made on the next business day at 8.00 AM, 8.30 AM, 9.00 AM or 9.30 AM in most areas. Some extended areas may receive deliveries by 10.00 AM, 11.00 AM, or 12.00 PM, depending on their zip code.
- FedEx Priority Overnight: With this service, you can get guaranteed delivery to most US addresses by 10.30 AM. However, deliveries in rural or remote areas can happen by noon or even 4.30 PM – 5.00 PM. Saturday deliveries with FedEx priority overnight delivery (regardless of location) happen by noon, 1.30 PM, or 4.30 PM.
- FedEx Standard Overnight: This option lets you get next business day delivery by 3.00 PM at most US destinations. Residential addresses can get deliveries by 8.00 PM, and rural areas can get packages by 4.30 PM.
What are FedEx’s Next Day Delivery cut-off times?
The cut-off times for FedEx overnight services can vary depending on your location. Basically, timings depend on how close your local FedEx station is to the airport. You can check the FedEx website for the latest updated pickup times based on zip code, as well as information regarding closing times for your nearest station.
FedEx 2Day ® Delivery
Q: Does FedEx 2Day Delivery offer Saturday delivery?
Yes. FedEx 2Day Delivery offers package delivery in 2-3 days Monday to Saturday, with Saturday pickup available at an extra charge. While FedEx 2Day Delivery does not offer Saturday deliveries everywhere, most places in the US are still covered. This service is ideal for customers who want their packages delivered within 2-3 days with a money-back guarantee.
2-business-day delivery, timings can vary depending on service chosen.
Monday to Saturday, but Saturday pickup costs extra.
Available in all 50 US States, however, FedEx 2Day AM service is not available in Hawaii and FedEx Express Saver is unavailable in both Alaska and Hawaii.
Packages can be either up to 150 lbs in weight, or 119 inches in length, and 165 inches in length plus width/height (L+2W+2H)
Delivery times for select zip codes in Alaska and Hawaii might differ as compared to other locations in the US
FedEx 2Day® Delivery timings
- 2Day AM: Packages are delivered to most US addresses by 10.30 AM on the second business day. Rural locations may receive deliveries by noon.
- 2Day Standard: Two business days delivery to most residential and business addresses in the US by 4.30 PM. Some residential locations might get delivered by 8.00 PM depending on location and other factors.
- Express Saver: 3 business days delivery to most US addresses. Business locations receive mail by 4.30 PM whereas residential locations can receive it as late as 8.00 PM.
FedEx SameDay ® City
Q: Does FedEx SameDay City offer Saturday delivery?
Yes. FedEx SameDay City services allow you to send packages across the same town or city, with deliveries being made within hours of pickup. Service days include Saturday and Sunday.
Same-day delivery within hours of parcel pickup, depending on location
Monday to Sunday, including Saturdays, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. However SameDay City Standard and SameDay City Economy have reduced service days.
Available only in select zip codes and areas in the United States
Packages can be either up to 150 lbs in weight, 108 inches in length, and 165 inches in length plus width/height (L+2W+2H)
FedEx SameDay® Delivery timings
- FedEx SameDay City Direct: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, SameDay City Direct will deliver your package in a few hours with any additional stops.
- FedEx SameDay City Priority: Packages get delivered within a few hours of pickup on a priority basis, depending on the distance. You can avail of this service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- FedEx SameDay City Standard: available Monday through Saturday from 7.00 AM to 8.00 PM, SameDay Standard ensures that your packages are delivered within 4 hours of pickup (only within a 45-mile radius).
- FedEx SameDay City Economy: SameDay City Economy is available on Monday to Friday only (no Saturdays) from 7.00 AM to 5.00 PM for businesses and till 8.00 PM for residences.
FedEx SmartPost ®
Q: Does FedEx deliver SmartPost on Saturday?
Yes. A cost-efficient service for residential deliveries, FedEx SmartPost delivers only low-weight packages Monday through Saturday, including weekend delivery with zero surcharges.
2-7 business days depending on a variety of factors including distance, load, and zip code. Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska may take longer.
Monday through Saturday
All across the United States including all 50 states as well as Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, and all United territories.
FedEx SmartPost is available for all PO boxes as well, including military APO, FPO, and DPO locations.
Packages can be either up to 70 lbs in weight, 130 inches in length, and 165 inches in length plus width/height (L+2W+2H)
Pickup services are not available outside the contiguous United States. Other services such as collect on delivery, money-back guarantee, declared value, signature proof of delivery, evening or appointment delivery, and hazardous materials delivery cannot be availed via FedEx SmartPost.
FedEx Hold at Location
Q: Does FedEx Hold at Location offer Saturday delivery?
Yes, but only via express services.
FedEx Hold at Location allows you to pick up packages at a time, date, and FedEx location that fits your schedule and requirements. FedEx Hold at Location also allows customers to pick parcels on Saturdays, but only if they have been shipped via express services.
FedEx Hold at Location can also be cheaper compared to other delivery services as customers can self-pick their packages from the FedEx location and the company does not have to provide doorstep delivery.
1-5 business days. Can be longer if shipped outside the contiguous United States.
Monday to Friday, Saturday delivery via express services.
14000+ pickup locations available across the United States
Packages can be either up to 150 lbs in weight, 130 inches in length, and 165 inches in length plus width/height (L+2W+2H).
Packages must be picked up from the FedEx location within 5 days of delivery.
FedEx Saturday delivery costs
How much your FedEx Saturday delivery can cost depends on the FedEx service you opt for. While FedEx does offer free Saturday delivery for some services, other FedEx delivery options can have fixed or variable charges for weekend deliveries.
FedEx services that have a fixed charge for Saturday delivery include FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx First Overnight, and FedEx 2Day delivery service. Each of these cost a flat $16 Saturday delivery fee per package.
Other delivery methods including FedEx SmartPost, FedEx SameDay City, and FedEx Home Delivery charge for Saturday or Sunday delivery by a per-pound rate. The amount you are charged can also vary based on the delivery service level you choose – standard, FedEx priority, etc.
You can find more details and updated information on FedEx shipping rates on the official FedEx website.
Using the FedEx Delivery Manager for a better FedEx experience
For customers who like to have a bit more control over their FedEx deliveries, FedEx has released a very useful tool. The FedEx Delivery Manager is 100% free of charge and the software gives you a lot more insight and control over your deliveries.
Using the software you can:
- Track all of the FedEx parcels that you are expecting and receive improved tracking information, especially for Saturday deliveries
- Receive alerts whenever your package details are updated in the FedEx system
- Remotely sign for your packages even if you’re not at home
- Provide detailed delivery instructions to the FedEx driver
- Reroute your package if you cannot reach home and want it delivered elsewhere
- Avail FedEx Hold at Location services so that you can pick up your mail at a time and location convenient to you
- Update your FedEx account
Along with these, there are many other benefits of using the FedEx Delivery Manager. You can easily track your parcels and plan your weekends based on your Saturday and Sunday delivery times. You can also delay your delivery for the weekend if that’s what you require.
In fact, knowing that you can request FedEx to hold your package till Saturday or Sunday is a relief, especially if you’re traveling and need a reliable delivery partner. Using the FedEx Delivery Manager, you can make the most of the many services FedEx has to offer!